Simple Horse Bill of Sale Form
Form Requirements: Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.3 or higher.
Get Adobe Acrobat Reader
See Other Horse Sale Forms – link to new page 3.
See Horse Purchase Forms – link to new page 4
Who Should Buy the Simple Horse Sale Form
Horse sellers who are selling a horse without any conditions such as vet checks or trial periods, and the entire purchase price is due at the time of sale.
How the Simple Horse Sale Contract Protects You
- Immediately upon signing the contract, the horse buyer assumes risk of loss of or injury to horse (even if the buyer doesn’t immediately take possession of the horse).
- The horse buyer agrees to hold the seller and the seller’s employees, agents, etc. harmless from liability associated with injury to the horse buyer caused by the horse post-sale.
- The horse seller has a choice of making no representations at all, or making limited representations, about the horse’s soundness, health and behavior.
- The horse seller has a choice of providing all of the horse’s vet records to the buyer, some vet records, or no vet records.
- The horse seller’s maximum liability under the sale contract is limited to the amount of the purchase price actually paid by the horse buyer.
- The horse seller disclaims all warranties except those specifically stated in contract (if any).
Optional Provisions in Simple Equine Sale Form
- Horse seller has the option of retaining a right of first refusal if the buyer later sells or gives away the horse.
- Horse seller can provide information about the horse’s health and care.
- Horse seller can provide information about the horse’s behavior and training.
The Simple Horse Bill of Sale Works For
- Individual horse owners
- Horse trainers
- Horse breeding farms
- Horse sale agents
- Equine consignment barns
- Horse auctions
- Individuals as well as partnerships, LLCs, corporations and other business entities.
The Simple Equine Bill of Sale Doesn’t Work For
- Buying a horse. See Our Horse Purchase Forms – link to new page 4.
- Horse sales subject to a vet check, trial period or other conditions. See Our Other Horse Sale Forms – link to new page 3.
- Horse sales in which the seller takes payments (installment sales). See Our Other Horse Sale Forms – link to new page 3.
- Horse sales with retained breeding rights. The terms of horse sales that include post-sale breeding rights are unique to each sale, and therefore we do not offer forms for those types of sales. If you are selling a stallion or mare and retaining breeding rights, please consider a customized horse sale contract with breeding rights.
About Our Horse Sale Forms
Equine Legal Solutions offers a wide variety of horse sale contracts, all written by our equine attorney. Our equine sale forms are all fillable PDFs that you can use as many times as you like, and they come with free lifetime updates. As soon as you purchase one of our horse bills of sale, you will receive an email containing a link to a secure download page and download instructions. It's fast, it's easy and it's secure.